Website usage terms & conditions
The term ‘Bute Island Foods Ltd’ or ‘Bute Island Foods’ or ‘the company’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is The Creamery, Townhead, Rothesay, Isle of Bute PA20 9JH. The company has been registered in Scotland with the following number: SC237960. The term ‘you’ or ‘the visitor’ or ‘our customers’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time, this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may change this policy by updating this page; therefore you should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from the 1st of December 2015.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as location, postcode, preferences or interests when necessary
- Other information relevant to customer surveys, offers and/or trading
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with an even better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may internally store such information.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails if you opted for, about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- We may also use the information to customise the website according to your interests and make your experience even more pleasant.
Legal basis for processing personal information
We will collect personal information from you only where we have your consent to do so.
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will delete it, unless it has been stored in backup archives, then we will securely store your personal information and separate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
Under data protection legislation, you have rights as an individual which you can exercise in relation to the information we hold about you.
You can read more about these rights here
Access to Personal information
Bute Island Foods Ltd will assist anyone who wishes to access their personal information. Individuals wishing to obtain what personal information we hold about them can make a ‘subject access request’. If we do hold information about you we will:
- give you a description of it;
- tell you why we are holding it;
- tell you who it could be disclosed to; and
- let you have a copy of the information in an intelligible form.
To make a request to Bute Island Foods Ltd for any personal information we may hold you need to put the request in writing
If you agree, we will try to deal with your request informally, for example by providing you with the specific information you need over the telephone.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect and make sure you are happy with them.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that can clicked to indicate if you want or do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting only if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to us.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect and make sure you are happy with them.
Complaints or Queries
Bute Island Foods Ltd is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. For this reason, any complaints we receive about your privacy is taken very seriously. We urge people to inform us if they think that we collected or use their information unfairly, were misleading or inappropriate. We would also appreciate any recommendations for improving our procedures.
If you do wish to make a complaint about the way we have processed your personal information, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office in their capacity as the statutory body which oversees data protection law – www.ico.org.uk/concerns.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and where we can improve or add to our website, in order to tailor it to your needs as a valued Sheese customer. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes.
Cookies are small data files which are placed on your computer or other mobile or handheld device (such as smart ‘phones or ‘tablets’) as you browse this website. They are used to ‘remember’ when your computer or device accesses this website. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer (to find out how to do it, you can check this link). However, this may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Bute Island Foods and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date, correct and useful, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.
As we mentioned earlier, through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Bute Island Foods. Also we have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
We take no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control. But be sure that every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly.
This website and its content is copyright of Bute Island Foods – © Bute Island Foods Ltd 2018. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- You may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only.
- You may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material.
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.
If you need specific content, we will be happy to help and work along with you. Please contact us for any query.