Vegan Mediterranean Chorizo Pasta
About this recipe:
Prep. time 10 minutes | Cooking time 55 minutes | Pre-heat 200°C/400°F/Gas mark 6 | Serves 4-6
This recipe is a treat from Tiago, so why not check out his blog for lots more exciting vegan recipes!
1 tsp coconut oil
200g Bute Island vegan smoked chorizo
3 cloves of garlic
1 red pepper
½ cup pitted black olives
6 sundried tomatoes
500 ml dairy-free cream alternative
1 cup of water
100g Bute Island Greek Style sheese
1 tbsp nutritional yeast
Salt & pepper to taste
Handful of fresh parley
300g dried whole-wheat fusilli pasta
2 handfuls of grated Bute Island Sheese
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400F/Gas mark 6
- Begin by peeling and chopping the onion into small chunks, do the same to the vegan chorizo and also crush the garlic.
- Place a non-stick frying pan to a medium-heat and lightly fry the onion, chorizo and garlic in the coconut oil until golden (approximately 5 minutes).
- Chop the red pepper and pour it over the other three ingredients in the frying pan and lightly fry for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Add the black pitted olives, sundried tomatoes, dairy free cream, water, Greek style sheese, nutritional yeast, salt, pepper and chopped parley and let it simmer on low heat for approximately 5-8 minutes (adjust seasoning if needed).
- Place the dried pasta into a prepared baking tray and pour the creamy sauce over, combine to make sure all of the pasta is soaked in the sauce.
- Sprinkle the pasta bake with Bute Island grated sheese.
- Place in the oven to bake for 35 minutes.