Vegan Chocolate Torte
About this recipe:
Preheat 160°C | Cooking time 30-45 min
- Crush digestive biscuits with a blender and mix with the melted margarine. Put into a round flan tin with removable bottom 25cm/10”. Pat the mixture down firmly to make a base. Put in the fridge whilst making the filling.
- Beat the Sheese in a non stick saucepan until creamy, sprinkle the agar flakes over the Sheese and stir. Bring to a simmer stirring occasionally until the flakes dissolve.
- Meanwhile melt the chocolate. Whip the cream, sugar and lemon rind until it is thick. Add the melted chocolate and Sheese mixture and whip together.
- Fill the flan with the mixture and place in a preheated oven 160°C for 30 min.
- Chill well before serving, take the cake out of the tin and decorate. You can served it sliced, sprinkled with a little sieved icing sugar, with a few slices of kiwi fruit.
Alternatively if you want a really deep Torte, try using a smaller flan tin and cook for an extra 10-15 min until the top is firm.