Vegan Blue Cheese and Chorizo Meatballs
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp coconut oil
200g Bute Island vegan chorizo
2 tins kidney beans
1 ½ cup flour
Bunch fresh parsley
Salt & pepper to taste
Bute Island blue style (chopped into 0.5cm cubes)
Bute Island grated mozzarella style
- Peel the onion and chop it into small chunks, peel and crush the garlic, chop the chorizo into small pieces and rinse the kidney beans thoroughly.
- Bring a non-stick pan to medium heat and melt the coconut oil, then add the onion chunks and garlic and fry until golden (approximately 5-8 minutes)
- Add the chorizo pieces and lightly fry them for 3-5 minutes along with the onion and garlic.
- Using a powerful food processor add the kidney beans, flour, parley, salt & pepper and the onion, garlic and chorizo pieces. Pulse until the ingredients turn into a thick paste.
- Transfer the mixture into a large bowl and place in the fridge for approximately 1 hour before rolling the mixture into meatballs (adjust seasoning if needed).
- Chop some of the Bute Island Blue Cheese into approximately 0.5cm cubes.
- Using a small ice-cream scoop, begin forming the meatballs and place a piece of the Blue Style in the middle and push to go inside the meatballs (place the meatballs over greaseproof paper).
- Place the meatballs back in the fridge for another hour to allow them for firm up before baking them.
- Bake the meatballs for approximately 20-25 minutes at 200C, turning them over half way through.
- Serve the meatballs with your favourite tomato Bolognese sauce and lots of Bute Island Vegan Mozarella.
- You can enjoy the meatballs in a sandwich like I did or serve them with pasta.