Sweet Potato and Black Bean Cheesy Nachos
About this recipe:
Prep. time 10 minutes | Cooking time 30-45 minutes | Pre-heat 190°C |Serves 1-2
This recipe is a treat from Pamela, so don't hesitate to go and have a look on her blog filled with wonderful Free-From recipes!
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Salt and black pepper
- ½ can black beans, drained
- 1 small green pepper, sliced
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 slices Bute Island Mozzarella Slices, cut in half
- ½ large avocado, cut into cubes and tossed in juice ½ lime
- Spring onions, chopped
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C. Drizzle the oil in a baking tin.
- Slice the sweet potato (not too thin or thick) and arrange in one layer on the baking tray. Sprinkle over the salt and pepper, toss to coat then roast for about 20-30 minutes.
- Once the sweet potato slices are cooked, transfer to a smaller dish and arrange on the bottom. Layer up the black beans, green pepper, cherry tomatoes and cheese.
- Bake for a further 10-15 minutes to let the cheese melt.
- Remove from the oven and scatter over the lime-marinated avocado, spring onions and chilli. Transfer to one large plate or two smaller ones and dig in!