Strong Cheddar style Leek Pancakes
About this recipe:
Prep. time 10-15 minutes | Resting time 10-15 minutes | Cooking time 15-20 minutes | Serves 6+
- 115g or half a block of Strong Cheddar style Sheese
- 115g or half a block of Mild Cheddar style Sheese
- 2 large leeks, washed
- 120g Wholemeal flour
- 60g Soya flour
- 1½ cup Soya milk
- 2 tablespoons of Vegetable Oil
- A pinch of Baking Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- Oil for frying
Products used in this recipe:
- Sieve flours, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Add the oil and whisk in the milk. Allow to stand for 10-15 min.
- Dice the leeks, then steam or boil them for 8-10 minutes, until soft. Drain well and mix in 2/3 of both Sheeses.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add 2 large tablespoons of batter mix (depending on size of pan) and spread across the pan, fry until lightly brown, turn over and fry for a further 30-40 seconds. Repeat and stack pancakes on a plate when cooked.
- Add the Sheesy leek filling and roll pancakes up, top with the remaining Sheese and pop under the grill for 1-2 min.
- Serve with a salad on the side.