Stove-top double Mac and Sheese
About this recipe: Serves 4
This recipe is a treat from Little Miss Meat-Free, so do not hesitate to go and have a look on her blog filled with plenty of wonderful Vegan recipes.
Products used in this recipe:
- 200g Cheddar spread Creamy Sheese
- 200g Red Cheddar Sheese
- 400g dried macaroni, egg-free
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp English mustard
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt and black pepper
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil and garlic over a medium heat for 1 minute until softened. Add in the mustard, Red Cheddar Sheese, Cheddar spread Creamy Sheese, soya milk, oregano and nutmeg. Using a small balloon whisk, mix together thoroughly until combined. Reduce the heat to low and whisk frequently until the Red Cheddar has melted for about 10-12 minutes.
- In the meantime, add the macaroni to a separate large pan and cover in boiling water. Bring to the boil over a medium-high heat and cook for 9-10 minutes until al dente. Drain the water.
- Pour the silky Sheese sauce over the cooked macaroni and stir to combine, ensuring each piece is coated in the rich sauce. Season with salt and pepper before serving immediately.