Spicy Party Bites with Cheddar style
About this recipe:
Prep. time 10-15 minutes | Resting time 30 minutes | Cooking time 5-10 minutes | Serves 7
- 115g or half a block of Cheddar style Sheese cut into 7 sticks
- 1 large aubergine, sliced lengthways into 7 lengths
- 1 clove of garlic (crushed)
- 1 small fresh chilli de-seeded and sliced lengthways
- 7 fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons of Sunflower Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of the sweetener of your choice
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli
- Oil for frying
Product used in this recipe:
- Mix together the Sunflower Oil, garlic, dried chilli and vinegar, and brush onto the aubergine slices. Leave to marinate for half and hour.
- Then fry the aubergine slices on both sides until slightly caramelised, and leave to cool.
- Next take an aubergine slice, and place a coriander leaf, a slice of fresh chilli and a stick of Smoked Cheddar Sheese at one end. Roll up the aubergine, wrapping the Sheese, chilli and coriander inside.
- Secure with a cocktail stick and serve at room temperature.