Spicy Bean Vegan Enchiladas
About this recipe:
Prep. time 10 minutes | Cooking time 40 minutes | Pre-heat 190°C |Serves 2
This recipe is a treat from Pamela, so don't hesitate to go and have a look on her blog filled with wonderful Free-From recipes!
IngredientsFor the filling:
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- Large handful of mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Black pepper and salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut amino sauce
- 2 handfuls kale, shredded
- 1/2 can chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 can kidney beans, drained
- 1 can chopped tomatoes, whizzed in a blender until smooth
- 2 tablespoons tomato puree
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- 100g Bute Island Edam Style Sheese, grated
- 4-6 corn tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and have a deep square or rectangular dish ready.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan and cook the onion, mushrooms and garlic for a few minutes.
- Stir in the spices, herbs, chilli flakes, seasoning and coconut amino sauce and continue cooking and stirring on a medium heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add the kale, drained beans, 1/3 of the blended chopped tomatoes and tomato puree. Cook for a further 5 minutes then remove from the heat and stir in fresh chopped parsley and 1/3 of the grated Sheese.
- Meanwhile, spread another 1/3 of the blended chopped tomatoes at the bottom of the dish to cover.
- Prep the corn tortillas according to packet instructions then spoon a little of the filling inside each, wrapping well then placing wrap-side down and repeat.
- Now pour over the remaining tomato sauce, sprinkle the rest of the Sheese then bake for about 15 minutes until golden and bubbling.