Smoked Cheddar style Sheese Colcannon Bake
About this recipe:
Prep. time 20-25 minutes | Cooking time 20-30 minutes | Serves 4-6
- Dice onions into approximately 1cm cubes
- Trim both ends off the leeks, cut in half length ways, then slice into approximately 1cm chunks. Thoroughly wash leeks in cold water
- Chop coriander roughly
- Grate Sheese
- Peel and dice potatoes and cook in salted water for 10-12 minutes or until soft all the way through. Drain potatoes and mash. Set aside to cool.
- In a pan heat two tablespoons and gently sweat the onions and leeks over a medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until soft. Set aside to cool.
- When ingredients are cool completely, place the mashed potatoes, leeks, onions, grated Sheese (reserve a handful for the top of the bake) and chopped coriander in a large mixing bowl. Add the olive oil and mix well in bowl and season to taste.
- Place in an oven proof dish (or individual ones if you prefer) and top with bread crumbs and the remaining Sheese and bake at 200°C for 25 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with salad and chutney.