Sheesy Sun-Dried Tomato & Olive Vegan Pizza
About this recipe:
Prep. time 10 minutes | Cooking time 40 minutes | Pre-heat 180°C |Serves 1
This recipe is a treat from Pamela, so don't hesitate to go and have a look on her blog filled with wonderful Free-From recipes!
IngredientsFor the pizza base:
- 1 + 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 teaspoon each of paprika, dried oregano and mixed herbs
- Black pepper and salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper and garlic powder
- 1/4 cup quick-cook polenta
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons tomato puree mixed with extra black pepper, dried herbs and chilli salt
- 2 slices Bute Island Cheddar-style Sheese
- A few spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons black olives, sliced
- A few sun-dried tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
MethodFor the base:
- Place the water in a small pan with the herbs, spices and seasoning and bring to the boil.
- Add the polenta and whisk continuously while cooking on a medium heat for about 5 minutes until it starts to thicken.
- Add the olive oil, keep whisking, then pour into a lightly greased and lined 20cm shallow cake tin and spread out evenly.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes until firmed up and nicely golden.
- Remove the base from the oven. Spread the seasoned tomato puree, leaving a gap around the edges.
- Arrange the Sheese Slices to nearly cover, then scatter the spinach leaves, black olives and sun-dried tomatoes over that.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then sprinkle the pine nuts over and continue baking for a further 5 minutes.
- Now slice up and serve!