Roasted vegetables and Spring Onion Creamy Sheese Tart
About this recipe:
Prep. time 10 minutes | Cooking time 40-55 minutes | Preheat 200°C | Serves 4-6
- Once your pastry is at room temperature, lightly grease a 12 inch flan dish (with removable base) and gently line with your pastry. Gently prick the bottom of tart case with a fork all over
- Thinly slice onions and peppers
- Wash mushrooms
- In a pan, over a medium heat, heat 2 tablespoons of oil and sweat mushrooms for 5-7 minutes. Once cooked take out of pan and set aside to cool.
- Put another tablespoon of oil in the pan and add your onions and peppers, sweat gently for 10-15 minutes until onions and peppers are completely softened then add tomato paste and 2 tablespoons of water, season to taste, stir well and take off heat. Tear in your basil leaves and mix well.
- Allow your mixture to cool completely before filling the prepared tart case with the mixture, then arrange your cooked mushrooms on top of the mix and dollop teaspoon sized balls of Spring Onion & Cracked Black Pepper Creamy Sheese over the mix.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°C for 35-40 minutes until pastry is golden.
- Serve hot with vegetables or salad or enjoy the next day cold with chutney.