About this recipe:
Serves 4 approx.
This recipe is a treat from Pamela, so head over to her blog for more vegan and Free-From recipe ideas!
Ingredients300g dried macaroni
1 tablespoon olive oil
Medium-sized butternut squash, peeled and cut into small cubes
1 onion or leek, chopped
1 clove garlic, crushed
600ml vegetable stock
3 tablespoons Bute Island Creamy Cheddar Sheese
1 teaspoon dried herbs
Black pepper and salt
1 tablespoon cornflour
2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
30g breadcrumbs (can be gluten-free)
30g Bute Island Grated Cheddar Sheese
- Cook the macaroni pasta according to packet instructions, then drain.
- Meanwhile heat the oil in a large pan then add the onion or leek, squash cubes and garlic. Cook for 10 minutes to soften slightly.
- Add the stock, bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes, then set aside for 5 minutes and stir in the Creamy Sheese to melt. Place in a heat-proof blender and whizz up until smooth.
- Return the sauce to the pan with the herbs, black pepper and salt to taste and heat up. Mix together the cornflour with a little water then whisk in as the sauce is heating up and allow to thicken. Stir in the cooked and drained macaroni.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Tip the macaroni and cheese sauce into a ceramic/glass dish then arrange the tomatoes on top and scatter over the breadcrumbs and grated Sheese.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and bubbling. Now dish out between four plates and enjoy piping hot!