Harissa Roasted Aubergine & Greek Sheese Salad
About this recipe:
Prep. time 10-15 minutes | Cooking time 15-20 minutes | Pre-heat 190°C |Serves 2
This recipe is a treat from Pamela, so don't hesitate to go and have a look on her blog filled with wonderful Free-From recipes!
- 1 large aubergine
- 50g Greek style Sheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (or chilli oil)
- 1 teaspoon Harissa spice powder
- Bag of spinach leaves
- 1/2 cucumber
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Black pepper
- Pinch of chilli powder
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Cut the aubergine horizontally into slightly thick slices and mix together the oil and Harissa spice to rub over both sides of each slice.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes in pre-heated oven until softened, then leave to cool.
- Arrange the spinach leaves between two bowls, top with the cucumber and arrange the cooled aubergine slices in the middle. Scatter Sheese and pomegranate seeds over top.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, black pepper, chilli powder (if using), crushed garlic and maple syrup, plus a dash of water if you want it runnier.
- Drizzle over the salads - then you're ready to serve!