CREAMY SPRING ONION, PEA & COURGETTE RISOTTO
About this recipe:
Serves 2 approx.
This recipe is a treat from Pamela, so head over to her blog for more vegan and Free-From recipe ideas!
Ingredients1 teaspoon oil
2 spring onions, chopped
1 clove garlic
1 courgette, sliced
150g risotto rice
500ml vegetable stock
50g frozen peas
Fresh parsley, chopped
2 tablespoons Bute Island Spring Onion & Cracked Black Pepper Sheese
Handful of spinach leaves
- Heat the oil in a large pan then add the spring onions and garlic and cook on a medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add the courgette and rice and continue to cook.
- Stir in the stock and bring to the boil, then turn down and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and parsley and continue to cook for a further 10 minutes, stirring regularly until the water has been absorbed.
- Turn off the heat but keep on the hob and stir in the Sheese, spinach leaves and black pepper to allow to melt in.
- Divide between two plates - now enjoy straight away!