Creamy Sheese Rice Pudding
Caramelised Dried Fruits and Sesame Shortbread
About this recipe:
This recipe is a treat from Danielle, so why not impress your guests with this delicious dessert!
For the rice pudding:
40 g jasmine rice
400 ml soya milk
50 g caster sugar
½ vanilla pod
100 g Creamy Original Sheese
For the caramelised dried fruits:
200 g mixed nuts and seeds ( walnuts, pistachios, sunflower seeds, linseeds…)
140 g caster sugar
For the Sesame Shortbread:
50 g sesame flour
25 g plain flour (or gluten-free flour)
25 g caster sugar
55 g vegan margarine
1 pinch of salt
• Put the rice, sugar and milk into a medium sized saucepan.
• Split the ½ vanilla pod horizontally and scrape the seeds into the pan.
• Stir and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat.
• Half cover with a lid, cook gently for 40-45 mins over a very low heat, stirring occasionally until the rice has swollen and is very tender.
• Leave to cool down.
• Gently fold in 100g of Creamy Sheese and spoon into 4 ramequins.
Caramelised Dried Fruits:
• Mix together all the ingredients in a pan and place over moderate heat.
• Stir constantly, allowing the mix to caramelise and making sure all the nuts are well coated.
• Pour the nuts onto a greaseproof paper.
• When cooled down, crush the nuts in a food processor, just a few pulses.
• Place the margarine and sugar into a food processor, mix with the paddle until smooth.
• Tip in both the flours and salt. Mix until thoroughly mixed and a uniform consistency.
• Roll out about 8mm thick between 2 sheets of baking parchment.
• Cut long shard shapes ( “oriental sticks”) with a knife.
• Lift the bottom paper onto a baking tray.Sprinkle with sesame seeds and bake for 10-12 min 170 degrees (gas 5-6). Once the shortbread is cool, sprinkle the caramelised dried fruits over the Creamy Sheese Rice Pudding and serve with the sesame shortbread on the side. Enjoy!