Creamy Garlic Lentils & Veggie Courgetti
About this recipe:
Serves 2 approx.
This recipe is a treat from Pamela, so head over to her blog for more vegan and Free-From recipe ideas!
Ingredients1 teaspoon olive oil
100g mushrooms, sliced
50g frozen peas
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
Pinch of cayenne pepper
Black pepper & salt
75g broccoli florets
2 courgettes, spiralised
100g cooked Puy lentils
2 tablespoons Bute Island Garlic & Herb Sheese
2 teaspoons Dukkah spice (optional)
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick pan then add the mushrooms, peas, garlic, herbs and seasoning and cook on a high heat for 10 minutes to soften.
- Meanwhile steam the broccoli florets until tender then drain.
- Throw in the lentils and courgetti and continue to cook for a few minutes (make sure there is very little liquid in the pan by now).
- Turn the heat down and stir in the Sheese along with the drained broccoli.
- Continue to cook for a few minutes to heat through and to allow the Sheese to melt.
- Divide between two plates then sprinkle each with some Dukkah. Enjoy!