Chocolate Banana Cheese-Cake
About this recipe:
Serves 6-10 approx (depending on portion size and how much self-discipline and exceptional restraint you can muster....) ;)
This recipe is a treat from Pamela, so head over to her blog for more vegan and Free-From recipe ideas!
For the base -
75g rolled oats
2 tablespoons coconut oil
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 tablespoon nut butter
For the cheesecake filling -
1 x tub Bute Island Creamy Sheese - Original
1 large banana
3 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
4 tablespoons maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the raw chocolate drizzle -
1 tablespoon coconut oil
1 tablespoon maple syrup
2 tablespoons cacao or cocoa powder
- First make the base: Place the oats in a bowl. Gently melt the coconut oil, maple syrup and nut butter then pour in and mix to form a flapjack mixture.
- Press into the base of a 12cm loose-bottomed cake tin, set aside.
- Now make the filling: Simply place all of the ingredients into a blender and whizz up until thick and smooth. Pour this over the base and spread out evenly. Freeze for at least 4 hours.
- Make the raw chocolate drizzle: Gently melt the coconut oil and maple syrup then whisk in the cacao/cocoa powder to form a sauce.
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer and remove from the tin and drizzle over. Either slice up and serve or place back in the freezer until ready.