Broccoli Spinach & Potato Cheddar Bake
About this recipe:
Pre-heat 190°C | Serves 2
This recipe is a treat from Pamela, so head over to her blog for more vegan and Free-From recipe ideas!
About 8 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
200g broccoli, cut into florets
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 leek, sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
450ml soya milk (unsweetened)
1 tablespoon cornflour
1 teaspoon mixed herbs
Black pepper and salt, to season
Large handful of spinach
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
150g Bute Island Grated Cheddar Sheese
- First cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling water until softened, then drain.
- Steam the broccoli until tender then drain.
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C and lightly grease an ovenproof dish.
- Heat the oil in a pan and cook the leeks and garlic for 10 minutes until softened, then set aside.
- Place the milk in the same pan and bring to just under the boil. Mix the cornflour with 2 tablespoons water to form a paste, then whisk in and add the herbs and seasoning. Cook for a few minutes until thickened, then remove from the heat.
- Stir in most of the Sheese and spinach leaves and stir to allow the spinach to wilt and Sheese to melt.
- Arrange the cooked potatoes and broccoli in the dish in a single layer, then pour over the sauce to cover. Sprinkle the rest of the Sheese over then bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until bubbling.
- Now dish out and serve!