Avocado Hummus Bruschetta
About this recipe:
Prep. time 10-15 minutes | Cooking time 5 minutes | Preheat 180°C or grill | Serves 6+
IngredientsFor the Hummus:
- 255g tub of Garlic & Herb Creamy Sheese
- 2 large avocados
- 1 tin of chick peas
- The juice of 1 lemon
- Fine Sea Salt and Cracked Black Pepper
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 1 granary French stick (or the bread of your choice, traditionally Ciabatta)
- 2 cloves of garlic (peeled)
- A bottle of good Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Put the drained tin of chick peas, lemon juice and olive oil into a blender and mix for a few minutes.
- Skin and de-stone your avocado, then scoop out the flesh with a spoon and put into the blender. Add the Garlic & Herb Creamy Sheese and blend for a few more minutes, until everything is mixed into a paste.
- Taste and season with Sea Salt and Black Pepper.
To make the hummus less thick just add more lemon juice.
- Cut your bread depending on the occasion. The bruschetta you can see on the picture have been prepared for 6 -hungry- people, but if you are making the Bruschetta as canapés for a party, cut the bread into discs (across the width of the French stick or Ciabatta loaf).
- Brush your bread with the olive oil, then toast under a hot grill (or bake in the preheated oven).
- Once crispy and golden brown, rub your garlic clove into both sides. If you’re short on time you can use garlic salt, it works just as well, but is just less fun!
- Lavish the Avocado Hummus onto the Bruschetta.
- Finally, decorate the top as you like: sweet red pepper slices and Greek basil, chopped cubes of tomato, almond stuffed olives, little fried mushrooms, etc. Roasted pine nuts are delicious and wonderfully savoury too! You can even fry them in a pan with a pinch of Sea Salt and Balsamic Vinegar.
- If you want some spicier hummus, use the Sweet Chilli Creamy Sheese instead, and add a wee bit of tomato puree when blending. Or if you want more of a distinctive hummus flavour, then add a little tahini and decorate with toasted sesame seeds. And of course: enjoy!